Thursday 15 August 2013

I'm getting old

I am, kind of, checking out the job market. Because, hey, a bit of money is nice. And quite necessary. And my brain would like to use the information I spend 4,5 college years putting into it. Plus, I don't like the idea of the big gaping hole on my CV to get too big. But that CV, as it turns out, is not that important anymore. 

I ventured onto jobs.ie and one of the adverts there asked for your Linkedin, Twitter or Facebook account details. And specified NOT to send your CV. 

Say what?

I just think that's weird. 
But, I'm getting old, as it turns out. 

Apparently this is the new way to go.
Spending hours making your CV short but sweet, standing out from all the others, is now over.
You just plonk your diplomas, certificates, work experience and interests on a website and keep your fingers crossed. 

I don't have Facebook, and no urge to start. 
No future employer will get excited when reading my ramblings on Twitter.
And Linkedin I know nothing about. 
I can't believe I first have to upgrade my social media skills before I can start applying for jobs. 
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment