Wednesday 9 October 2013

5Km? Check!

That was the goal: run for 5 kilometers. 
I followed the training programme although I usually only managed to go twice a week instead if the recommended three times. But let's be honest: who has time for three runs a week when you have a baby and a toddler? 

But I stuck with it. Got new shoes (best thing I ever did as my poor hip had started to give out). Enjoyed it. 

Until a Wednesday morning, two weeks ago. We woke up, I fed Little Brother, dressed the boys, ate a banana and off I went. 

It was awful. The first kilometer was fine. The second kilometer my stomach started to complain, my legs were heavy, my breathing all over the place. What was going on? I wasn't even running uphill. And I knew I still had to do that to get back to my car. I felt sick and had to stop. Left my banana in the ditch (sorry TMI) and walked to the car. Annoyed, so bloody annoyed. 

Probably shouldn't have had that banana before I went out. 

But I had had enough. How come I couldn't do this? I thought it was ridiculous. I am 28, healthy, have been following a programme, got brand new shoes. I should be well able. And that was it. 

On Sunday morning I put on my shoes and ran. 5 kilometers. And on Thursday I did it again. 

I shouldn't talk about it. I shouldn't think about it or try to analyse it. I should just do it. 

And I did. 

Source: Pinterest.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment