Thursday 18 July 2013

Let's get this blog on the road

I'm not exactly new to blogging. I've been writing into cyber space since moving to Ireland in 2008. What started off as a way to keep my Dutch family and friends up to date about my new life slowly turned into sort of a hobby. Writing about Irish country life, living away from my homeland, my adventures in the kitchen and with my sewing machine. 

Between my blog and Twitter I 'met' loads of lovely people. A handful I have met in real life. It's amazing how much you start caring about the ups and downs in the life of someone you've never met. 

But let's be honest, not a whole lot of people can read or speak Dutch. So I've been playing with the idea of starting an English blog. To maybe meet even more lovely people, on the World Wide Web and, with a bit of luck, in real life. 

So here we are: Clogs in the country. 

1 comment:

  1. hey there!! Just landed here, through Susannah Conways August Break. Very nice to find your blog, I am lovin it :)
    I am just at a similar stage, about to create a blog in english. I have a blog since 2009.. where I write mostly in portuguese, but sometimes make it bilingual... as I find myself thinking and writing in english often, to be able to connect with my english speaking friends community. So that blog is going through a bit of an identity crisis lol and I have been self brainstorming about how to fix it. Finding your place here is an inspiration :)
    I am also a mother and a lover of Ireland, crafts and country life, so I think you've got a new friend here ;)
    Cheers!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete